SOOS Regional Working Groups
- Co-ordinate and implement the observing system in their region, bringing together efforts in planning, logistics and resources, through to data management and access.
- Work with circumpolar observing programs and projects to ensure coverage, facilitate logistics and resource sharing.
Existing Regional Working Groups
- Southern Ocean Indian Sector (SOIS)
- West Antarctic Peninsula and Scotia Arc (WAPSA)
- Ross Sea (Ross)
- Weddell Sea and Dronning Maud Land (WS-DML)
- Amundsen and Bellingshausen Sector (Amundsen)
SOOS Regional Working Groups are open to anyone interested to be involved.
Propose a new Regional Working Groups
The Southern Ocean community has identified five priority regions for development as Regional Working Groups (see map above). If you are interested to propose a new Regional Working Group, follow the process outlined here and download the Regional Working Groups proposal template here.