UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030)
Southern Ocean Contribution
The UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development aims to develop scientific knowledge, build infrastructure and foster relationships for a sustainable and healthy ocean. This group has been formed to provide a contribution from the Southern Ocean region to The Decade. The UN Decade of Ocean Science has seven societal outcomes;
- A clean ocean where sources of pollution are identified and reduced or removed.
- A healthy and resilient ocean where marine ecosystems are understood, protected, restored and managed.
- A productive ocean supporting sustainable food supply and a sustainable ocean economy.
- A predicted ocean where society understands and can respond to changing ocean conditions.
- A safe ocean where life and livelihoods are protected from ocean-related hazards.
- An accessible ocean with open and equitable access to data, information and technology and innovation.
- An inspiring and engaging ocean where society understands and values the ocean in relation to human wellbeing and sustainable development.
For more information on The UN Decade of Ocean Science please see here.
Contributing Programs and Contacts