Antarctic Sea Ice
The future of Antarctic sea ice
Theme 5 Priority ObservationsSOOS has identified a list of candidates for consideration as EOVs. The SOOS sea-ice variables are defined by SOOS with community input by ASPeCt.
Schematic of the platforms required to observe key sea-ice processes toward capturing circumpolar sea-ice variability and deriving sea-ice thickness and volume (Newman et al., 2019).
Click on image to download.
Key Observation Platforms
- SOOS Intial Science and Implementation Plan
- The vision for a Southern Ocean Observing System
- Delivering Sustained, Coordinated, and Integrated Observations of the Southern Ocean for Global Impact
- ASPeCt Science and Implementation Plan (2008)
- ASPeCt sea ice observation standards and forms
- Fast Ice observations - Methods and Procedures
- Antarctic Fast Ice Network Discussion Paper
- Theme 5 Workplan and Key Observations (2013)