SOOS Regional Working Groups
- Co-ordinate and implement the observing system in their region, bringing together efforts in planning, logistics and resources, through to data management and access.
- Work with circumpolar observing programs and projects to ensure coverage, facilitate logistics and resource sharing.
Existing Regional Working Groups
- Amundsen and Bellingshausen Sector (Amundsen)
- Ross Sea (Ross)
- Southern Ocean Indian Sector (SOIS)
- West Antarctic Peninsula and Scotia Arc (WAPSA)
- Weddell Sea and Dronning Maud Land (WS-DML)
SOOS Regional Working Groups are open to anyone interested to be involved. The Terms of Participation for Regional Working Group leadership and membership is available here.