Data Management Sub-Committee
The SOOS Data Management Sub-Committee (DMSC) advises the SOOS Scientific Steering Committee on the most cost effective collaborative mechanisms for managing and publishing data from Southern Ocean observation projects.
The specific objectives of the DMSC are to:
- Advise the SOOS Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) and the SOOS International Project Office (IPO) on the data management requirements for the SOOS initiative.
- In collaboration with SOOS stakeholders, develop a practical, sustainable and cost-effective strategy for the long-term management and timely publication of SOOS observations.
- Encourage SOOS partners and others to store relevant data in publicly accessible data repositories and make their metadata records accessible through the SOOS metadata portal.
- Act on requests and suggestions by the SOOS SSC and SOOS scientific community for new developments in data management products and strategies.
- Explore opportunities to secure funding for SOOS related data management and data publication initiatives.
For more information, download the DMSC Governance and Terms of Reference.
The DMSC comprises members who have professional data management expertise and who are affiliated with international and national data centres, networks and scientific data programmes.
Current DMSC Members